FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY
SAINT VINCENT & THE GRENADINES
The Financial Services Authority (‘FSA’) is a governmental statutory body established pursuant to the Financial Services Authority Act, Act. No.33 of 2011, as a single regulatory body to regulate the international financial services and the non-bank financial services sectors in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The FSA invites applications from suitable applicants to fill the position of LEGAL OFFICER.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
- Conduct legal research and advise on matters assigned by the Legal Counsel, Executive Director and/or the management team at the FSA.
- Legal representation of the Authority in legal matters at the High Court, including liquidation proceedings.
- Assist with drafting and reviewing of legislation and also attending National Anti-Money Laundering Committee meetings on behalf of the FSA.
- Assist in examining and creating draft agreements, MOUs and contracts.
- Maintain the FSA’s legal documents.
- Work closely with the Attorney General’s Chambers on court cases and matters of international requests for assistance and letters rogatory.
- Work on relevant international tax and AML/CFT matters as assigned.
- Provide advice to the various departments of the FSA in respect of offsite and onsite regulation and supervision of all licensed entities generally.
- Advise on regulatory matters as assigned by the Legal Counsel, Executive Director and/or management team at the FSA.
- Keep abreast with current changes on all relevant areas of law and make recommendations for updating and enhancing of relevant laws to enhance the Authority’s legal functions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Legal Counsel, Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and the relevant line Manager, from time to time.
Qualifications and Desirable Attributes
- An Undergraduate degree in law from a reputable university and Certificate of Legal Education (LEC) or equivalent certification.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience is desirable.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision and use initiative and independent judgment.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations, pertaining to the FSA.
- Knowledge and awareness of the application of relevant best practices in law.
- Ability to plan and manage work and resources to meet tight deadlines.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Requirement of Applicants
You are invited to apply for the desired position in writing and submit your application with a recent CV containing at least two references to the Financial Services Authority, P.O. Box 356, Kingstown, St. Vincent. Your application should be addressed to the Executive Director of the FSA, in an envelope marked as application for LEGAL OFFICER and submitted no later than October 28, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.