Position of EXAMINER I – Credit Unions, Building Societies, Friendly Societies And Money Services Business
FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY
SAINT VINCENT & THE GRENADINES
The Financial Services Authority (‘FSA’) is a governmental statutory body established pursuant to the Financial Services Authority Act, No.33 of 2011, as a single regulatory body to regulate the international financial services and the non-bank financial services sectors in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The FSA invites applications from suitable applicants to fill the position of EXAMINER I – CREDIT UNIONS, BUILDING SOCIETIES, FRIENDLY SOCIETIES AND MONEY SERVICES BUSINESS
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
- Examine applications from regulated/registered entities to ensure that the FSA’s internal requirements and the requirements of the governing legislation are met.
- Assist in preparing guidelines and procedures that comply with existing legislation and international best practices and in ensuring implementation.
- Conduct on-site examinations and off-site surveillance of the regulated entities in accordance with the FSA’s procedures and policies.
- Review quarterly and annual returns and annual audited financial statements submitted by assigned licensed regulated entities.
- Analyze and interpret accounting and financial data in accordance with relevant international accounting standards, applicable laws, rules and regulations and best practices.
- Prepares analytical reports to include the risk profiles of the assigned entities using various sources.
- Performs such other duties consistent with the position as may be assigned by the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, and the relevant line Manager, from time to time.
Qualifications and Desirable Attributes
- An Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics or banking or a related discipline from a reputable university or professional qualification in accounts, finance or banking.
- A Postgraduate qualification in any of these areas will be an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in the relevant fields of accounting, finance, business management or economics is desirable.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision and use initiative and independent judgment.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan and manage work and resources to meet tight deadlines.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy in performing mathematical and financial calculations.
- Skilled in collecting, analyzing and documenting the results of research and data.
- Skilled in preparing accurate written reports on the results of research and findings.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Requirement of Applicants
You are invited to apply for the desired position in writing and submit your application with a recent CV containing at least two references to the Financial Services Authority, P.O. Box 356, Kingstown, St. Vincent. Your application should be addressed to the Executive Director of the FSA, in an envelope marked as application for EXAMINER I – CREDIT UNIONS, BUILDING SOCIETIES, FRIENDLY SOCIETIES AND MONEY SERVICES BUSINESS DEPARTMENT and submitted no later than October 28, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.