The Financial Services Authority (‘FSA’) is a governmental statutory body established pursuant to the Financial Services Authority Act, Act. No.33 of 2011, as a single regulatory body to regulate the international financial services and the non-bank financial services sectors in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The FSA invites applications from suitable applicants to fill the positions of EXAMINER I – INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL SERVICES and EXAMINER I – INSURANCE & PENSIONS
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
– Examine applications for registration/licensing from entities to ensure that the FSA’s internal requirements and the requirements of the governing legislations are met.
– Conduct on/off-site examinations of the regulated entities in accordance with the FSA’s procedures and policies.
– Review quarterly reports and annual audited financial statements submitted by regulated entities.
– Analyze and interpret accounting and financial data in accordance with accounting standards and international best practices.
– Prepare analytical reports to include the risk profiles of regulated entities from the various financial and other reports submitted.
– Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and the relevant line Managers, from time to time.
Qualifications and Desirable Attributes
– An Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics or banking or a related discipline from a reputable university or professional qualification in accounts, finance or banking.
– A Postgraduate qualification in any of these areas will be an asset.
– A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in the relevant fields of accounting, finance, business management or economics is desirable.
– Ability to work under moderate supervision and use initiative and independent judgment.
Core Skills and Competencies
The applicant should be able to demonstrate:
– Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
– Ability to plan and manage work and resources to meet tight deadlines.
– High level of computer literacy.
– Ability to work well within a team environment.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Accuracy in performing mathematical and financial calculations.
– Skilled in collecting, analyzing and documenting the results of research and data.
– Skilled in preparing accurate written reports on the results of research and findings.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Requirement of Applicants
You are invited to apply for the desired position in writing and submit your application with a recent CV containing at least two references to the Financial Services Authority, P.O. Box 356, Kingstown, St. Vincent. Your application should be addressed to the Executive Director of the FSA, in an envelope marked as application for EXAMINER I – INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL SERVICES or EXAMINER I INSURANCE & PENSIONS and submitted no later than July 23, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.