FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY (FSA)
The FSA is a statutory body established pursuant to the Financial Services Authority Act, Act. No.33 of 2011, as a single regulatory body to regulate the international financial services and the non-bank financial services sectors in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The FSA is hereby inviting applications for the position of DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
The duties of the Deputy Executive Director are to:
- Assist the Executive Director with the execution of the functions of the Authority as set out in Financial Services Authority Act and all relevant enactments;
- Monitor and ensure compliance by financial entities with all relevant enactments, Codes and Guidelines including those relating to anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism.
- Assist the Executive Director with the day-to-day management of the Authority.
- Assist the Executive Director in overseeing the offsite and onsite supervision of financial entities.
- Analyze and coordinate the analysis of all financial data including quarterly reports, annual Audited Financial Statements submitted by financial entities, in order to generate reports and trends.
- Perform such duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting is required.
- Postgraduate qualification in any of these areas will be an asset.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in the area of Banking, Accounting, Insurance and /or Mutual Funds is desirable.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytic and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage work and resources within time constraints.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to lead and supervise a team of professionals.
- Ability to work well at all levels within a team environment.
- Ability to appropriately engage in and represent the FSA at diverse fora, locally, regionally and internationally.
Salary: A competitive compensation package is offered.
Please submit an application with recent CV containing two references, addressed to the Executive Director, Financial Services Authority, P.O. Box 356, Reigate Building Kingstown, St. Vincent. Applications must reach the FSA not later than January 31, 2019. The FSA will only respond to short-listed candidates.