FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY (FSA)
The FSA is a statutory body established pursuant to the Financial Services Authority Act, Act. No.33 of 2011, as a single regulatory body to regulate the international financial services and the non- bank financial services sectors in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The FSA is hereby inviting applications for the position of EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
The duties of the Executive Director are to:
– Execute the functions of the Authority as set out in Financial Services Authority Act and all relevant enactments;
– Report to the Board of Directors on a regular basis, the significant developments at the FSA and in the industry and in particular on matters requiring the decisions and/ or the policy directions of the Board;
– Ensure that policy directives and decisions of the Board are carried out in an efficient manner;
– Manage the day-to-day operations of the Authority;
– Monitor and oversee compliance of financial entities with relevant enactments, Codes and Guidelines, including those relating to anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism, as well as financial prudential standards;
– Oversee the offsite and onsite regulation and supervision of all licensed entities;
– Ensure that the data systems are accurate and efficient;
– Ensure the integrity of the accounting and management information systems;
– Oversee the preparation of the FSA’s budget proposals, strategic plans, financial and other reports;
– Manage FSA’s financial resources with a view to meeting the performance objectives set by the Board;
– Develop the FSA in accordance with market demands and international best practices in order to ensure the vision of the FSA is fulfilled;
– Perform the duties of the Registrar of certain entities including but not restricted to Registrar of IBCs, Trusts and Mutual Funds;
– Exercise sound judgment in all aspects of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and demonstrate professional, cooperative and constructive attitudes and behaviour when working with Board members, employees of the FSA, clients, and the public; and
– Perform such duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
– Masters Degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or a related discipline and at least 7 years’ experience at a managerial level in a financial environment; and
– First Degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or a related discipline.
– A Professional Qualification in Banking, Accounts, Finance is desirable.
– Experience in the strategic implementation of institutional goals and objectives will be an asset.
– Training or experience in financial regulation and/or compliance, financial stability, soundness and sustainability and/or risk management will also be an asset.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate:
– Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytic and organizational skills;
– Ability to manage work and resources within time constraints;
– Ability to lead and supervise a team of professionals;
– Ability to work well at all levels within a team environment;
– Ability to innovate and strategize to meet targets and optimize on results;
– Ability to appropriately engage in and represent the FSA at diverse fora, locally, regionally and internationally;
– Strong time-management and multi-tasking and organizational abilities; and
– High level of computer literacy.
Salary: A competitive compensation package is offered.
Please submit an application with recent CV containing two references, addressed to the Chairman, Financial Services Authority, P.O. Box 356, Kingstown, Reigate Building, St. Vincent. Applications must reach the FSA not later than February 6th, 2018. The FSA will only respond to short-listed candidates. Electronic submissions may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org